Learn to Row at NRC
We welcome all ages and abilities at Northampton Rowing Club. Our "Come try it" sessions give you
the chance to have a go before committing to anything more.
The aim of the course is to learn the basics of rowing and sculling and includes: -
- An introduction to the club and the boathouse
- Rowing technique using the rowing machines
- Safety and boat handling
- Outings on the water
To attend the session, you must be able to: -
- Swim at least 50 metres in light clothing (e.g. rowing kit)
- Tread water for at least two minutes
- Swim under water for at least 5 metres
If you're interested in attending the rowing course, please register your interest.
We try to run the courses regularly throughout the year but as we're a volunteer group they are not always
available. Priority will be given to those who have been on the waiting list the longest.