Come try Rowing!
We welcome all ages and abilities at Northampton Rowing Club. Our "Come try it" sessions give you the chance to
have a go before committing to anything more. After the session you may decide that rowing is something you'd like to
pursue, in which case you can sign up for our 6 week rowing course.
The sessions include: -
- An introduction to the club and the sport of rowing
- A rowing machine session, including advice on correct technique
- A session on the water
- Tea and biscuits and Q&A
To attend the session, you must be able to: -
- Swim at least 50 metres in light clothing (e.g. rowing kit)
- Tread water for at least two minutes
- Swim under water for at least 5 metres
If you're interested in attending a session, please register your interest with our Explore Rowing Coordinator,
who will let you know when the next session will run.
We try to run the sessions regularly throughout the year but as we're a volunteer group they are not
always available. Priority will be given to those who have been on the waiting list the longest.